Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 4

Hello all!

I must admit it feels a bit odd as this class is wrapping up and the school year is about to start!  My daughter is starting kindergarten in about two weeks so we are quite excited about that new adventure.



Great job finding quite a few interesting resources were highlighted this week - nice work! I thought the Speaking Image site was really interesting and would make a great assignment for almost any class.

This week is the final week of our "regular" assignments - and in two weeks your final paper or project will be due by Saturday, September 3.  Please do your weekly blog post by this Thursday and two blog post comments by this Saturday, August 27.

As far as the weekly paper we'll switch gears a bit this week.  Please do still review chapters 7 & 8 of your textbook but rather than discussion questions I'd like to finalize with each of you what you'd like to do for the final paper or project.  

If you decide to write a paper please plan on writing a 10 page research paper on a topic of your choosing with a minimum of 10 sources. Please email me what prompt you'd like to respond to - I'd suggest an area we've covered that was particularly interesting to you.  You can see some samples of final papers by clicking here.

If you decide to complete a project it should be the equivalent of a 10 page research paper. You can setup a class webpage, wiki, or blog, or create a webquest. You can see some samples of final projects by clicking here.

Whether you choose a paper or a project please make sure we are in agreement by the end of this week on the prompt and scope of the paper/project.

Update: I forgot to mention that I received feedback that quite a few people were having trouble joining Google+ - they received an error message saying that the site was not accepting new members.  As such, I scrapped the Google+ focus for this week. However, if you'd still like to blog about Google+ feel free!

2 comments:

  1. I plan to write my blog post this week on the ethical concerns posed by teachers and students being friends on Facebook, especially in light of the recent law passed in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I had no trouble joining Google+ and now I'm addicted to Angry Birds. ;)

    ReplyDelete