Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 3

Our class is almost half over!  It's really flying by but I'm really impressed with all of your blog posts and the ideas your sharing on the blog.

This week we will explore the ways to teach our students computer literacy skills. We've already touched on a big topic so far with Wikipedia. I hope you enjoy exploring the The 21 st Century Information Fluency Project (21CIF)  http://21cif.com/index.html website and/or Barb's delicious account for resources to use for your blog post this week. 


As with the past two weeks please make sure to complete your blog post assignment by Thursday and your blog comments and weekly paper by Saturday at noon.  I will try and get everyone's weekly paper #2 back to them this evening or by tomorrow at the latest.






As referenced in the syllabus next week we'll be exploring the latest technology development - Google+!  Your blog post for week 4 will be about Google+ and education - so joining may give you a better understanding of what "Google+" is and how it can be used.

However, if you'd rather not join Google+ you can still do your assignment by researching the technology on the web without having experienced it firsthand.

I'll explain more next week. In your email with your week #2 feedback you'll find a link to sign up for Google+ if you are interested.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I plan to do a review on the Simple Booklet as shown in Barb's Delicious account.
    Blessings on your week, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my blog post this week reviewing H-Net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to look into creating my own Wiki account. I hope that will be an okay blog post this week.
    Jayne Kreifels.

    By the way, I'm still not having any luck posting comments....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to blog on Web 2 tools, the site from Barbs delicious account. I hope that is not too broad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do a post on podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to do mine on 21 century information fluency project-

    ReplyDelete