Monday, August 15, 2011

A "Simple Booklet" Review

Simple Booklet ~
Overall, the experience of creating a Simple Booklet was fun!
From Barb's Delicious Account I chose to create, and review the Simple Booklet.


While the website includes a "Demo", I didn't locate a Tutorial for step-by-step directions, and that's how I work best :) Thus, a good reason to work through this yourself before assigning it to your student, so you're prepared to help answer questions.

Making the Booklet took a few hours, but I'm certain the more you create them, the more "Simple" it becomes.

There was no 'Spell Check' option, so my apologies if there are errors in my Booklet. =)
When trying to copy and paste, a pop-up states, "Currently not supported by your browser. Use keyboard shortcuts instead". Yes, I 'hand-typed' all the links on the last page :} A good reason for me to learn and memorize keyboard shortcuts! Also not found was an "undo" button, which would come in handy to know.

After completing page two, I discovered, the hard way, that I needed to click "add" before clicking on "save". Yes, this meant doing the page over again. But trust me, lesson learned, as it didn't happen on the remaining pages!

Creating an account is free, and everything included in the above booklet was free. There is an option to purchase additional stickers, stitches, badges, shapes and so on. I like how you, the author, can manipulate the work-area to be larger or smaller, and included are fun Font Options as well (an update here: after posting the Booklet I realized it took over the wording along the right column in our Blog! I just went back in and re-sized the pages, the video being the biggest trick in fitting to size).

Being able to add pictures, movies, shapes, and sound make the Booklet come alive for the student, enabling the experience of researching, writing and sharing a report to be more engaging.

Trust me, the process of creating a Simple Booklet can be ADDICTING! I think both you and your students will enjoy the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment