Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 2

Hello everyone!

Excellent job week 1.  Your blog posts were very interesting and nice job figuring out how to post here =)  Week 1 is always a bit tough given the transition to the blogger platform.

While we had lots of comments (about 22!) posted on the blogs quite a few of you wrote to me with difficulty posting. What I've done is change the comment policy on the blog from "authors only" to "anyone."  However, all the comments will now be held for moderation. I hope that will help those who were stuck in the post/login/post/login loop.  It does mean, however, there may be a delay from when you write your comment until it shows up on the blog since I will likely have to approve the comment.  Having tools to handle spam is an important part of any public facing internet site.

SPAM
Photo from Flickr

Now that week 1 is done I just wanted to clarify that we'll try to handle all class related material here on the blog. So rather than posting your blog topic and/or feedback for the author on blackboard please post it to this blog site.  So your week 2 blog post topic should be a comment to this blog post.  That way hopefully everyone will see it and we can make sure the commenting system is working.

Your week 2 assignments including blog post suggestion and the weekly paper are now available both here on the blog as well as in the week 2 folder on blackboard. If you have any questions please let me know.  I will try to get everyone their week 1 feedback by Sunday evening.

One of our topics this week is cloud computing which I think will really be the future of computers. Here is a video introducing the concept.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to do my blog post this week on using search engines effectively for educational purposes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I want to do my blog this week on Khan Academy used by los altos school district!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post will be on using Quickbooks in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post this week will be on using Khan academy in the los altos school district.

    ReplyDelete