Friday, September 2, 2011

My final project

Here is my final project that is a Wiki I built around the unit I have been developing over the course of the program on "The Great Gatsby." I know that as a class we have used wikispaces before to contribute to and create wikis but I was excited to try a few different things this time around. For the main page, I created a "glog" on glogster.com and I was able to use that glog as the links to my subpages from the mainpage. I think it turned out well and I am excited to use glogs in the future with my students. I also used the Speaking Image website that Christa blogged about a few weeks ago. I used it to create a map that pinpoints some of the locations in the book and I played around with attaching images and information to the tags. I'm sure there was a lot else that I could have done with Speaking Image but I'm sure it will be something I play around with in later materials creation.
I added some content to each of the chapter pages but I envision this wiki as a way for students to create content and post their responses to each of the chapter questions so that when they are done they have created a resource for themselves based on their responses to the book.

You can take a look at the wiki here: gradythegreatgatsbyproject.wikispaces.com

No comments:

Post a Comment